- How Much Does It Cost for a Roof Replacement in Long Island, NY?
- What Is the Average Cost of a New Roof in Long Island?
- Typical Factors That Affect Roof Prices in Long Island
- The Best Financing Options for New Roofs in Long Island
- How to Estimate Roofing Costs in Long Island
- Roofing Cost Estimator Long Island
How Much Does It Cost for a Roof Replacement in Long Island, NY?
In order to purchase a new roof replacement, it is integral that you are fully informed regarding the average expenses associated with such a project. These figures were carefully collated from various contractors operating in the Long Island area.
Average asphalt roofing replacement costs:
- Asphalt roof replacement cost (1,000 sf roof / 10 squares): $5,000 to $9,000.
- Asphalt roof replacement cost (1,500 sf roof / 15 squares): $8,000 to $13,500.
- Asphalt roof replacement cost (2,000 sf roof / 20 squares): $10,500 to $17,500.
- Asphalt roof replacement cost (2,500 sf roof / 25 squares): $13,000 to $22,500.
- Asphalt roof replacement cost (3,000 sf roof / 30 squares): $15,500 to $27,000
- Asphalt roof replacement cost (3,500 sf roof / 35 squares): $18,000 to $31,500.
General cost range for metal and asphalt roofing:
- Typical asphalt roofing replacement costs in Long Island, NY, will cost approximately $5,000-$31,000. *
- Metal roofing replacement costs in Long Island, NY, will cost approximately $10,000-$54,500. *
*All estimates are subject to material type, color, coating, size of roof and quality of shingle.
What Is the Average Cost of a New Roof in Long Island?
While it may be difficult to determine exact expenses associated with purchasing a roof replacement, due to the varying sizes of roof and quality of shingles employed in construction, here is the calculated average cost per type of roofing in Long Island:
- Average cost of an asphalt roof replacement is $18,00
- Average cost of a metal roof replacement is $32,250
Typical Factors That Affect Roof Prices in Long Island
When initially consulting a contractor regarding the price of a new roof, a number of facets have to be considered. Unfortunately, there is no way to provide the exact price of a roof replacement without performing a measurement and inspection. The following section is meant only as a guide to better inform you on the factors that affect roofing prices in Long Island.
Your costs can increase if:
- You own a multiple story property.
- Your roof is especially steep.
- Roof complexity (features, has multiple gable roofs etc.)
- Add-ons such as flashing, skylights or gutters.
- Replacement of underlayment is necessary.
- Older and damaged shingles need to be replaced.
- If special permit costs are needed.
- You choose to install a metal roof.
Your costs can decrease if:
- You have a bungalow or single-story residence.
- Your roof has a standard pitch.
- Existing tiles and plywood underlayment aren’t in disrepair and do not need to be removed.
- Not interested or in need of add-ons.
- If removal of the roof is unnecessary, there will be fewer labor costs.
- You select a standard quality asphalt material.
- The roof is easily accessible
The Best Financing Options for New Roofs in Long Island
Roof financing options differ from company to company. Depending on the plan and your preferences, roofing contractors may field options with or without interest.
- Interest options typically have standard rates, with the interest rate dependent on term length and dealer fee percentages.
- Some Long Island roofing companies may offer standard monthly term options with no interest – if a full payment is completed over a specified period of time, like within the course of two years, for example.
- The entirety of a roofing financing application usually takes about fifteen minutes, including a credit check. Once the application is complete, approval usually happens in under a minute.
The two most sought after roofing financing options include:
- 24-month deferred interest plan. This plan has a minimum monthly payment, and if paid in full within two years, there is no interest charged on the loan. This plan usually comes with a 10% dealer fee.
- A standard 5-year plan with equal monthly payments. The interest rate is 9.99%, with a dealer fee of 4% of the total amount financed.
Rapid Restore offers a wide-range of financing options for your new roof, depending on your budget and preferences. For a full list of available financing options, please visit this page.
How to Estimate Roofing Costs in Long Island
Being that all materials are costs are shipped in squares; time estimates, labor and removal costs are calculated and determined per square. Metal roofing has the benefits of being more sustainable, energy-efficient and durable, while asphalt roofing is generally more cost-effective.
- Asphalt roof costs range from $5.00 to $9.00 per square foot
- Metal roof costs range from $10.00 to $16.00 per square foot
- Please refer to our roofing cost estimator form for more definitive pricing.
Roofing Cost Estimator Long Island
Unfortunately, there is no way to provide the exact estimate of a roof replacement without performing a measurement and inspection. For a free, no obligation, and exact estimate for your roof replacement project, please consult the Rapid Restore estimate page. Our experts have the experience and knowhow to provide an accurate assessment and estimation of your roof replacement.
We also have a handy Long Island roofing financing cost estimator, which will assist you in structuring your payments to best suit your financial requirements.
ABOUT RAPID RESTORE
Our mission at Rapid Restore is to provide a stress-free, refreshingly simple, world-class roof installation experience for our customers in Long Island, NY. We look forward to protecting you. With over 110+ 5 star reviews on Google, you can trust the expert roofing contractors at Rapid Restore to replace your roof on-time and within budget.
For a quick, no-obligation estimate on your next roofing project, fill out our estimate form!